Sunday, December 7, 2008

ELFIS Story part 10 - The NAN Channels

Having completed all the prerequisites, that include courses such as Reindeer Husbandry, Package and Load Management, Tundra Survival Training, High Altitude Conditioning and Sleigh Drivers Ed, the Santa Techies can apply for the graduate program.

This most difficult to get accepted and enrolled in program is listed as course #1984. Less than 10% of the beginning techies make it this far and get accepted.
This graduate program is where the techies get access to start viewing the NAN Channels, where they learn to keep list and of course check them twice. NAN stands for Naughty & Nice… The Naughty and Nice channels, hence the nickname - Big Brother Santa, course #1984

This song explains the process, selected from an old familiar Marvin Gaye tune, that was also covered by Credence Clearwater Revival and the California Raisins.

Santa's Party Line



Santa's Party Line
Lyrics Steven Stay, J. Fred Coots & Henry Gillespie. Music Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong

Ooh, I bet you're wondering how I knew
Who's been bad and who's been good
How I see you when you're asleep
and how I know when you're awake

Took you by surprise I bet
How I knew all those things I said

Ooh, I heard it through the grapevine
You come in loud and clear on Santa's party line
Ooh, I heard it through the grapevine
I'm coming to town you're running out of time Honey Honey

You better watch out you better not cry
You better not pout, I'm going to tell you why
I'm making a list and I'm checking it twice
Gonna find out who's been naughty and nice

You should have told me yourself
Instead I heard it secondhand from an elf

Ooh, I heard it through the grapevine
You come in loud and clear on Santa's party line
Ooh, I heard it through the grapevine
I'm coming to town you're running out of time Honey Honey

I'm coming to town you're running out of time Honey Honey

No comments: